If you enter your ORCID iD in your ETH personal profile, both the ORCID iD and the spelling of your name will be transferred from the ETH profile to the Research Collection.
If you would like to appear in the Research Collection under a different spelling as author, you can enter your preferred author name in the Addresses and Personal Data application.
Step-by-step guide for adding different spelling
- To enter a preferred author name and, if applicable, other name variants, log in to Addresses and Personal Data.
- Enter your preferred variant as the main variant in the "Author names" section.
- Other spellings under which you have published can be entered as alternative variants.
- Newly entered author names initially appear with the status "open". They are checked by the Research Collection team.
- You will receive an e-mail notification as soon as your author name has been confirmed.
First names & initials
Please note that at least one full first name must be entered in the first name field for the main variant. We only accept initials as first names for the alternative variants. This is to enable a consisten presentation of author names in publication lists.
- From the time of confirmation, the name variants are visible in Person Search on the ETH website.
- In the Research Collection, the main variant is adopted on the following day as the author name for all publications linked to your ORCID iD.
The alternative variants are also taken into account in the search.