Depending on the publication type you will encounter different options to choose from.
Please note that the access rights described on this page only ever refer to the fulltext or actual research data object (e.g. the uploaded files). As a minimum requirement when submitting data and/or publication to the Research Collection. the metadata describing the object will always be made publicly available.
The only exception are Habilitation Theses, were metadata will not be visible as long as the venia legendi has not been bestowed.
Based on the 2008 Ordinance on Doctoral Studies you can choose from the following access rights:
The Research Collection is the instrument for implementing ETH Zurich's Open Access Policy. Accordingly, academic texts can be published as a first or secondary publication with the following access rights:
- Open access: The fulltext will be published immediately after the internal review process has been completed
- Embargoed access: The fulltext will be published on the day of the embargo end date that you indicated.
Please be aware that the ETH Libray will check any access rights and embargoes against the original publisher's copyright policies as recorded on SHERPA/RoMEO.
Research Data often come with special requirements regarding the protection of personal data, simultaneous publication with a journal article or other factors requiring sensitive handling of access rights issues.
Therefore, the Research Collection provides a maximum degree of flexibility regarding access rights when you publish/archive your data. You can choose from the following access rights:
- Open access: The digital object will be published immediately after the internal review process has been completed
- Embargoed access: The digital object will be published on the day of the embargo end date that you indicated.
- ETHZ users only: The digital object will be available for logged in users from ETH Zurich only, after the initial review process has been completed.
- Selected users only: Access to the digital object will be restricted to selected users from ETH Zurich. For the submitter to be able to select a person as "selected user", they must have logged in at least once the the Research Collection with ther nethz account.
- Closed access: The digital object is uploaded for archiving purposes only. Only the submitter and ETH Library staff can access the file.