You might want to receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for your publication or dataset before actually making it available via the Research Collection. Reserving a DOI in the Research Collection enables you to integrate the DOI into your written document or to cite the publication/dataset in a paper that is still in the publication process. Please proceed as follows.
Step 1: Reserve a DOI
- Click Submit on the Research Collection home page.
- If you weren't already logged in, you will need to sign in with your nethz account now.
- Click the Start a new submission button.
- In the Describe step, please fill in at least all mandatory fields.
- Scroll to the end of the page and activate the checkbox for the DOI Preview option.
- Click Next
- On the next page, check that your item does not already exist in the Research Collection.
- If that is not the case, click Skip file upload.
- Review the submitted data.
- Click the Complete submission button.
- You will receive an automatically generated confirmation mail.
- The email contains the DOI that was reserved for your item.