|Table of Contents|
In addition to normal document loans
SLSP circulation network, the ETH Library also offers the
option of sending copies electronically.
Delivery of copies
- Sending electronic copies of articles and chapters from documents via e-mail.
- Files that cannot be sent by e-mail on account of due to their size (e.g. colour scans, for example) are made available on an FTP server for a period of five days.
- Colour scans are only produced if key in cases where important information would be lost in a black-and-white scan.
- Delivery timeperiod: within twenty-four 24 hours. Orders that come in at the weekend and on bank received on weekends and public holidays will be delivered on the following working day.
Customers in Switzerland and staff and doctoral students at ETH Zurich:
- Order on our website.
- If you do not yet have a user account, register in NEBIS: registration format swisscovery (SLSP): Instructions for registration
Customers from abroad (
excluding the USA and
- Order the required article you desire via the delivery service SUBITO.
- Deliveries are only made to companies Companies and public libraries, private individuals and students are served via SUBITO only.
- If the article cannot be ordered via SUBITO, please contact your university library for an interlibrary loan. We only process requests from university libraries abroad if we receive them by Enquiries from universities abroad should be submitted via e-mail : (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Customers from the USA and
- We only accept
- are happy to process orders from university libraries in the USA and Great Britain by
- the UK that are submitted via e-mail :
Employees and doctoral students at ETH Zurich
The delivery of documents Documents from the ETH Library 's holdings is are sent free of charge. (The fees will appear on in your user account, but are will not billedbe charged.)Orders will not be effected
Requests for copies from documents that are located in ETH Library's holdings held by the ETH and can be placed ordered online via our website cannot be processed. You will be notified accordingly.
If the holdings articles are listed in the NEBIS catalogue but by at the ETH Library @ swisscovery but are held at another library, please submit an interlibrary loan needs to be registered.
The electronic delivery of documents from ETH Library’s holdings is free of charge. (The fees appear on your user account but are not billed.)
Private individuals, public institutions
and commercial customers
The delivery of documents carries Documents are sent for a fee (see Fees).
We effect orders Requests for copies of up to 100 pages from non-independent documents (incl. including journal papers articles and articles from other collected editionscompilations) that can be placed online ordered on our website without will be fulfilled with no further consultation. For Additional processing fees are charged for this service, we charge additional processing fees.
Documents are sent free of charge provided that the order is placed if ordered via the Alumni Portal. (The fees will appear on in your user account but are will not billedbe charged.)
Customers from abroad
Electronic deliveries to customers in Germany and to non-German-speaking countries are not possible for due to legal reasons restrictions (exception: orders via
SUBITO are an exception).
Delivery Deliveries to Germany is can only permitted be sent by mail orderpost.
A maximum of three articles or chapters will can be copied and delivered supplied from printed works such as journals and books, provided that this the volume does not constitute more than a exceed one third of the journal or book.
An order needs to must be submitted to the Document Delivery Office office for every each article or chapter requestedrequired. This An order must not exceed a maximum of 100 pages. Only complete journal papersarticles/book chapters will be are delivered.
Both the dispatch sending of copies and the billing take place for each billing are carried out per order placed.
Fax deliveries are possibly only possible up to a volume of thirty 30 pages.
Articles or chapters from purely exclusively electronic holdings at the ETH Library:
These can only be delivered supplied if the supplier’s licence provider’s license agreement does not exclude the sending of documents. An order will therefore only be accepted once this has been verifiedOrders are therefore accepted subject to this check.
The following documents are excluded from a copy deliverycannot be supplied as copies:
- Books from special holdingscollections, e.g. Rare Books (there is the possibility of ordering copies via E-book on demand)Archival holdingsold and rare books