This page is currently being revised.
Freely accessible information services can be used by all users, regardless of the IP range.
When using electronic media, please note the following:
- Members of ETH Zurich can access electronic media (e-journals, databases, e-books, etc.) for which a fee is charged or which are licensed by ETH Library from the sub-networks of ETH Zurich.
- All external users can access media in the public areas of ETH Library.
Direct access is only possible from the main networks of ETH Zurich (in some cases proxy still required):
Check whether the IP address for your computer is within the ETH Zurich network structure: Check your IP address
Access to databases and e-journals using a password
To access the following databases, you have to have a User ID and password:
- SciFinder Scholar
- Hydrological Atlas of Switzerland (Hades)
You can find the relevant information for each by clicking on the "Information on the database" link on our website.
In some cases, a user ID and password are required to access e-journals. Members of ETH Zurich can find the relevant information in the protected area: Login information for e-journals. Please use your ETH login.
If you are an external customers, please contact the library staff on-site or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaching the right document quickly and easily from the literature search
Clicking on the SFX button in a database, or on the link "Online resource" in on ETH Library's Search Portal takes you to a service page with more links indicating how to obtain the document you need.
The bX Recommender Service lists articles that may also be of interest to the user. On ETH Library's Search Portal, these articles are displayed in the full view of a title. Accessing articles via a database and the SFX button, the recommendations are included in the SFX menu. The recommendations are generated from patterns of use for SFX files. ETH Library is one of several hundred university libraries worldwide which makes this data available for analysis in an anonymized and encrypted form.
For electronic media for which a fee is charged, ETH Library has entered into licensing agreements with the relevant providers. These define the terms and conditions of use, taking account of current copyright law.
The following general points apply to the use of these media:
- Full text versions may only be printed out or saved for personal use or for research purposes.
- The systematic downloading of articles, e-books or other full text versions, or of search results, especially by using robots or similar software, is prohibited.
- Articles and other electronic media may not be passed on to third parties or used commercially, in either electronic or printed form.