- Open access: The digital object will be published immediately after the internal review process has been completed. A DOI will be registered by the following day.
- Embargoed access: The digital object will be published on the day of the embargo end date that you indicated. A DOI will be registered a day after the internal review is completed.
- ETHZ users only: The digital object will be available for logged in users from ETH Zurich only, after the initial review process has been completed. A DOI will be registered by the following day.
- Selected users only: Access to the digital object will be restricted to selected users from ETH Zurich. For the submitter to be able to select a person as "selected user", they must have logged in at least once the the Research Collection with their nethz account. No DOI will be registered for the object.
- Closed access: The digital object is uploaded for archiving purposes only. Only the submitter and ETH Library staff can access the file. No DOI will be registered for the object.
Access request: When research data are deposited with restricted access rights, external Research Collection users can request access to the data via a form linked from the Landing Page of the item. ETH Library forwards release applications to the work's copyright holder, provided that he or she is still employed by ETH Zurich and/or has a an up-to-date ORCID record with a valid email address. In the event of a positive answer by the copyright holder we will send a personalized access link to the requester (example of a dataset with restricted access).