Registered users can order and borrow documents and copies.
Order documents and copies via ETH Library's Search Portal.
You can reserve documents that are currently on loan.
You will receive a notification as soon as your document is ready for you at the desired collection point. You won't receive a notification, if the document is not currently loaned and your collection point matches the location of the book. Additionally, you can check your user account anytime and see if ordered documents are ready for you.
Notification by text message
Receive information via your mobile phone. We will send you a message as soon as the documents are ready for collection.
You can set up this service on the registration form or in your user account.
Delivery of documents
- Free courier delivery of documents from ETH Library for employees of ETH Zurich, members of the ETH Alumni Association and the ETH Board
- Free delivery by courier service to your home library
- Delivery by post (chargeable): Fees
If you are an employee of ETH Zurich, member of the ETH Alumni Association and the ETH Board, please be aware that a fee will be charged for postal delivery of documents from the Zentralbibliothek Zurich and libraries belonging to University of Zurich. Fees
- Within ETH Zurich: 1 hour to 1 day; depending on the location of the document and your collection point
- Within NEBIS network: 3 to 5 days
Period for collection
The documents will be held for you for 7 days.
Extending the period for collection
Contact the circulation desk before the end of the period for collection.
- In order to borrow a book, you must present a valid library card.
- Documents belonging to ETH Library (ETH-BIB, excl. Collections and Archives) and ordered no later than 17.00, may be collected the same day.
Postal delivery of documents
If you would like the documents you have ordered to be sent by post, please contact Customer Service at the circulation desk.