Freely accessible information services can be used by all users, regardless of the IP range.
When using electronic media, please note the following:
- Members of ETH Zurich can access electronic media (e-journals, databases, e-books, etc.) for which a fee is charged or which are licensed by ETH Library from the sub-networks of ETH Zurich.
- All external users can access media in the public areas of ETH Library.
Access to databases and e-journals using a password
In some cases, a user ID and password are required to access databases and e-journals. Members of ETH Zurich can find the relevant information in the protected area: Login information for databases and e-journals. Please use your ETH login.
If you are an external customers, please contact the library staff on-site or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reaching the right document quickly and easily from the literature search
Clicking on the Link Resolver button (ETH Get it) in a database, takes you to the full text availability in ETH-Bibliothek @ swisscovery
For electronic media for which a fee is charged, ETH Library has entered into licensing agreements with the relevant providers. These define the terms and conditions of use, taking account of current copyright law.
The following general points apply to the use of these media:
- Full text versions may only be printed out or saved for personal use or for research purposes. Use for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- The systematic downloading of articles, e-books or other full text versions, or of search results, especially by using robots or similar software, is prohibited.
- Articles and other electronic media may not be passed on to third parties or used commercially, in either electronic or printed form.