Freely accessible information services can be used by all users, regardless of the IP range.
When using electronic resources, please note the following:
- Members of ETH Zurich can access electronic resources (e-journals, databases, e-books, etc.) for which a fee is charged or which are licensed by ETH Library from the sub-networks of ETH Zurich.
- All external users can access resources in the public areas of ETH Library.
Direct access is only possible from the main networks of ETH Zurich (in some cases proxy still required):
- 18.104.22.168 bis 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 bis 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 bis 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 bis 22.214.171.124
In all other cases, Public VPN or alternatively proxy.ethz.ch must be used.
Check whether the IP address for your computer is within the ETH Zurich network structure: Check your IP address
For access via an external provider (ADSL, Cablecom, iPass) you should also use Public VPN or proxy.ethz.ch.